Friday, August 15, 2014

Q & A with PX's OSU Commit Tyler Green

I sat down with Tyler Green who is a participant of PX's Class of 2015 and has also committed to the Ohio State University. I wanted to share some brief insight from him about his valuation of what he has learned from PX Skills Academy as an athlete and a student.


Tyler Green, PX Class of 2015
Q:  How does it feel to be the 1st player ever to come through PX to have the oppurtunity to   play for The Ohio State University?

A:  I
t feels great! To know that I have a group of men in this PX family who support me in all I do is amazing. I plan on going into OSU a part of that PX family and making Coach Rome proud. 

Q:  What important onfield lesson have you learned with PX that you've been able to apply off the field?

A:  Onfield lessons that I have brought to the field after learning from PX are urgency! I've never had a coach push me so hard on that. Pushing that extra 5 or 10 yards instead of coasting might be the difference between a pick 6 or a 5 yard gain for the WR. 


Q:  How much fun is it to work at such a fast uptempo pace at PX?

A:  Working uptempo at PX brings me right back to urgency. I love it!! Coach Rome is always after you even if you're on the other side of the field. He doesn't care who you are or how many stars you have. It gets you ready for those 4th quarters tied games when you need to make a play for your team. 


Q:  What do coach Rome & Troy mean when they tell players to play with urgency? 

A:  Reading the last question makes me laugh because of the last word that I've been talking about, but they mean getting after every rep like your life is on the line. Playing full speed from the time you step on and off the field is critical. And coach Rome and Coach Troy are the last to let you slack or you'll be out there all day! 


Thanks so much Tyler for taking the taking the time to talk with me. We are so proud of you for being the first PX participant to attend the Ohio State University. Keep working hard on and off the field. Love you man!

No comments:

Post a Comment